Wednesday 9 December 2009

kindness is its own reward


After dragging myself out of my bed this morning, my tennis elbow throbbing and my body yelling "GO BACK TO SLEEP" I dragged myself into the office to find a wee gift sitting on my desk! From our cleaner. I was really surprised and quite touched.
As I was sitting at my desk she popped her head round the door unaware that I was in - she had been leaving me a note to tell me why she'd left me a pressie; apparently she has been having a very tough year and I always cheer her up! Me! I hadn't realised what affect a cheery good morning and a five minute chat can have on someone who might be feeling a little bit low.
It just goes to show you, appreciation can come from the most unlikely sources and kindness, which costs nothing, can be its own reward.
It has fair set me smiling for the day - and I told her.
Perhaps this is what's meant by the true meaning of Christmas?

"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. " H. Jackson Brown Junior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message if you have anything to add to my blog. Thank you for dropping by.